I go to the Park


Sharing some photos from Central Park right now. NYC can't decide if it is spring or summer lately. I am okay with that, because I no longer have to wear my giant winter coat. I finally put it away in the first week in May!

After coming back from San Diego, Central Park was so green. Everything was in bloom. The cherry blossoms were gone, but everything else was out in all its glory. I am more of a dog wood girl anyway. 

I took most of these photos when I was walking through Central Park. I was able to think among the greenery; you can learn a lot of things from the flowers. Quiet--such a luxury in my life. This walk was rejuvenating. 

I thought of the Henry David Thoreau quote, "I go to the woods because I wished to live deliberately....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life". Unlike Thoreau, I did not plan on going to the woods. I was only taking a walk home from an appointment, but being in the woods/park I was able to put my thoughts in order to, if you will,  live more deliberately. I live in an exciting place, the city that never sleeps. I want to take advantage of all that my home offers. 

This walk through the park gave me an opportunity to put my goals at the forefront of my mind. Still working towards them. Wish I could snap my fingers and have accomplished them, but you know. 




Flowers along Park Ave. It is its signature look.





A spring scene from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

I was thinking about all the dogwood trees back home, and wishing I could see one. Then this beautiful pink Dogwood came into sight. I was so happy. The universe was reading my mind. 



I could not stop taking photos of this pink Dogwood. It was lovely. I will never forget this dreamy sight. 


The back drop of our favorite summer playground. The kids love going here. Last summer/fall we spent just about everyday here. Made new friends, met up with old ones. Now it looks like it is something from a fairy tale.

I spend a lot of time in the park. Lots of running, play grounds, zoo trips, picnics, plays, etc. It is a place I find safe, special, absolutely wonderful. I go to the park. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day