Grandma in the City

Grandma came to visit us! We had a really good visit. They all good, but this one was particularly wonderful. She was my running buddy, and helped me get out the door everyday she was here. Central Park is her favorite place to see when she visits. We ran there everyday, and it made us so happy. 


On our way to can you guess?? The Central Park Zoo!


It made me so happy to see them having sweet conversations together. 


The snow leopard was out! Both snow leopards were out! A sight we rarely get to see. 

Both mothers, and both daughters. I love her so much.




We took her to Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze with us this year. You can see that post here


Since we live above an ice cream shop, we cannot make excuses to go everyday. When we have visitors in town we can! Took Grandma to Van Leewuen, and she graciously let me eat several bites of hers. 

There is no wrong way to eat an ice cream cone. 

We visited the MET. I finally saw "William" the blue hippo that is the MET's mascot. We saw some different parts of the Egyptian wing I have never visited before. We also saw the Heavenly Bodies exhibit of haute couture's take on the Catholic fashion. Very interesting. I had to remind myself that the clothes were art, and not pieces that were functional clothing. 

Meet William. He is a hippopotamus made from Egyptian faience, the oldest known type of ceramic. He is also the unofficial mascot of the museum. You can visit him in the Middle Kingdom of Egypt exhibit. 



Me and William. 



Our new things we did were go to Katz's deli and get a Rubin sandwich.
From there we walked to Washington Square Park to see the arch. It was Mom's first time ever going. I enjoyed this day the most. 



We saw Beautiful on Broadway. It was so good! The music, and the story were wonderful. I was close to tears at parts of it.  I know Carole King from my Gilmore Girls days. She wrote the theme song, and plays "Sophie" the music shop owner starting in season 3. I know my GG. One of the actors in Beautiful is part of my church congregation. Super cool to see him perform. 


I think no grandma trip is complete without making cookies. They made Halloween sugar cookies together.

Her trip was sweet, but way too short. t went by too fast. It was really hard to say goodbye this time. It seems like an eternity has passed since she was here and it has only been one month. I just look at the bright side and think we have seen family every month since June. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day