Halloween Warriors

Halloween 2018 is the year I will remember us trick or treating till we drop. We had a red dragon with blue spots, a pirate, and a green dragon. It was the best Halloween we have had.

Obviously, trick or treating in NYC is a little bit different than the suburbs. Stores hand out candy, starting after school lets out. The earlier you go the better, because they do run out of candy. Apartment buildings with a lot of units will usually have a list go around where people can sign up saying they are passing out candy. The list will be given out to those trick or treating in the building. Then there are certain streets that will close to traffic and host Halloween block parties. New Yorkers go all out. When we do these streets, we are blown away about how incredible it is done. Make me love NYC all the more. 

With that, our trick or treating story:

We left the house shortly after school got out to start trick or treating at the stores. We met up with friends a long the way, and ended up at one of the streets on the Upper West Side that does a magnificent block party. This particular street does an incredible job decorating/having a Halloween show. The downside is that it gets insanely crowded. We wanted to see the decorations, maybe get a few pieces of candy before the trick or treating there started at 6pm. At that point we had been going for two hours straight. Lyndon and the boys went home, and Cosette and I continued trick or treating at a friend's building. We did not get home till about 8pm. We were pooped, but had such a wonderful time. Now it was candy time! I raided it all for my favorites, but the problem now is that the kid's favorites happen to be my favorites. I have to ration myself on how many Reese's I skive from their trick or treat bags. Happy Halloween!  

I love our neighborhood. 






She was going around like this saying "Happy Halloween!". Made me laugh so hard. 
This girl and her besties.  



This lady is a foster mom to rescue dogs. She always has a ton with her. The kids love it when we see her around the neighborhood with all her cuties. I love their group costume! She was just the first person to see with their dogs dressed up. 

When Henry decided to not wear his hat anymore, I suddenly had a costume. Just call me Mommy with the Golden Hair (my family pirate name). 


More friends! We got to meet up with everyone we wanted to. That was my favorite part of Halloween. 

My favorite photo from the night. 

More puppies! They call it puppy love.


This dog and Rapha had twinning costumes. 

Block party madness!






Favorite brownstone on the block. I love the people hanging out the windows dancing around. It is awesome!




Rapha beat us all to getting some rest. He had a blast running in and out of the stores getting candy. This is really the first Halloween he can really understand and enjoy it. He did. Has not let us keep his trick or treat bag away from him for long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day