The Haunted Pumpkin Garden

We made it up to the New York Botanic Garden one weekend in October to explore their Haunted Pumpkin Garden. Halloween is my favorite and I could not pass up going up there. It has been too many years. Cosette was three (!!!!) last time I took the kids up, and yet I can still remember that outing very clearly. Anyway, it was time. 

To sum it all up, I am glad we went. It was great to get out of the house. I love pumpkins, so it made me very happy to see them scattered around the garden. We have not been doing as many outings as we have in years past. It made me very happy to actually do something like this on a weekend. It had been way to long. The kids enjoyed themselves immensely. They love sticks, jumping on rocks, and running through woods, so it was a little bit of Halloween paradise. 







 There were a lot of great activities to do. We planted our own grass seeds, which are flourishing in our kitchen window. Masking coloring, learning about spiders, puppet theatre, sticks, dirt paths, rocks to climb on. Pretty much everything for kids to have fun with. Give a stick to our boys and they are occupied for hours. 








My absolute favorite photo from the day. I love you, Henry. 

 This is one of several thousand plus pound pumpkins that were scattered around the garden. It is incredible that a plant can grow this large. This one was 2,000 pounds. A lovely family outing to kick off that weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day