Boo at the Zoo, Wizard Edition

We have been inundated by Hogwarts students this Halloween. We are not anywhere close to Hogsmeade, so instead I took the students to the Bronx Zoo for a weekend outing. 

A secret of adulthood: it is better to stick to your plans and get out than stay at home. It was so true! I was so exhausted from a week of solo parenting, and thought of maybe staying in my bed longer was a fantastic idea. The allure of Halloween celebrations got me out and bed and away we went on our "Hogwarts Express" aka the 2 train. We had such a wonderful time. I would never trade these memories for anything. 

We are Harry Potter obsessed! I made the kids be HP characters this year, since they got their robes and wands at Harry Potter World. Not dropping any more cash on costumes kids. They happily have gone along with it, especially when they get to wear awesome accessories (the glasses, lightning bolt tattoo, and a Potter Stinks pin, the best!). I am loving this HP obsession, and am fully embracing it. 

Boo at the Zoo was wonderful. Magic Show, trick or treating, arts and crafts, corn mazes, etc. Plus, animals! It was the best. The tigers were active! We missed having Daddy with us, but made up for it by going through the trick or treating path three times. 

It was the first real Halloween activity we have done this fall season. The kids were stoked. It could have been the worst and we still would have had fun. 

They definitely were the best wizards there. Everyone knew who they were, which was so fun for them. They would hear people talking about the cool Harry Potter, or adorable Slytherin passing by. Nice not to have to explain there costumes to people. I drew a lightning bolt scar for Henry and Rapha asked for one too. I loved that he wanted one. 

Tons of pictures from the first of our many Halloween activities below.

Luna and her spectra specs. 

Luna leads the way. Cosette has always been our navigator. 

I love my HP! He is always Harry Potter because he is HP too. And like Harry, he has his mother's eyes.

Draco and Harry. 





Candy under the candy corn tree.

One of Aragog's children hanging out with us. 

Boo! I see you.



I find when my kids are "bored" is when they become their most creative and kind selves. I was taking a sitting break, and they put together a dance program. This blurry photo is one of my favorites from the day, because it is from a lovely time when they were happily playing together. 

He asked for a selfie with the Boo sign. Coco asked to photo bomb. 

The mark of a good outing is them getting along at the end. I love these little buddies of mine.

Happy Halloween! It is the best time of year. I cannot get enough of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day