Edisto Island


Song Happy by Pharrell Williams

We spent a week with my family at Edisto Island, South Carolina. This is my family's favorite place to go on a beach vacation. It is pretty much paradise. This is my family's fourth time going and I am sure it will not be the last. I know it is not my last time going. I have talked to Lyndon about how wonderful Edisto Island is ever since we met. He has been dying to go and see what all the fuss is about. He said it lived up to the hype (yay!).

We spent the week relaxing on the beach looking for shark teeth. Just between me and Lyndon we found 16 and a couple of other fossils. We went crabbing, but for the first time ever did not catch any! My brother did catch a baby one, but it was to small to make a meal of. We went down to the marina to see the sunset and saw several dolphins! Cosette asked to be buried in sand. We visited the local serpentarium and saw all sorts of reptiles which has sparked a love of crocodiles in Cosette. We walked along a natural beach at Botany Bay. We spent a day in Charleston which made Lyndon fall head over heels in love with the South. We played games at the beach house, mostly Apples to Apples (tradition!). Lyndon and I snuck out again to Charleston with Henry and had an evening walking around the battery and eating at Hyman's Seafood. It was voted best seafood in the south by Southern Living Magazine. Southern Living was right, best seafood ever! At each seat it had a little plaque with a celebrity who had eaten in that spot. Henry sat where Neil Diamond ate. As we drove around the island we saw tons of spanish moss hanging from the trees. It is so different from anything I have ever seen. We loved Edisto! 

It was a special treat to be with all the Dunn clan (minus Sam, who we missed a lot). We are all starting to spread out and go our separate ways. Cosette had a lot of fun playing with her aunts, uncles, grandpa and grandma. It was a great week.

Comments

  1. How do you do these videos?! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena, I do them on my iphone 5S. It is really easy to do with imovie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day