Mahan Family Reunion

The Fourth of July was a busy weekend for us. We had the Mahan Family reunion to attend on July 5th for my Dad's family out in Cookeville, TN.  The Mahan family is my Ma's (my Dad's mother) family. The reunion happens every other year and it has been a very long time since I have been. My Ma was one of 14 children and I think about nine of them are still living. Sadly my ma is not one of those nine. She passed away about seven years ago. Those family reunions are always fun because you go and you meet a ton of people you never knew you were related to. It was cool to look out across this large room and know that everyone there I was related to. Families are awesome! I was able to talk to some of the older sisters my Ma's sisters and it is sad to see them getting older and passing. But I am so grateful I know them and have memories from throughout my life they are in. Pictured above is my Dad with his Uncle Keith. 
Dad and Henry with Uncle CG. 
Ellen with Aunt Ann.
I love this picture because I am related to everyone in this room. How cool is that?! Families really are the best.
These ladies are my Ma's sisters. On the left you have Aunt Reba , in the middle is Aunt Lorinne, and on the right is Aunt Joe. Aunt Joe lived right across the street from my Ma growing up. I remember going to her house to visit just about every time we visited my Ma. Us kids would be playing outside and we'd come in and there would be lots of aunts and uncles over sitting around the kitchen and living room visiting together. Of course as a child I paid no mind to it, but no thinking about it brings a smile to my face. What a wonderful family my Daddy has.
One of the cousins and his family are heading to Costa Rica next month to serve a mission for their church. We had a cake walk to help raise some money for them. It was 25 cents a walk and we paid five dollars so we got to do a lot of walks. Everyone in the family got a turn. Eston and David were the winners and came home with some yummy goodies.
My Dad's brother Dale and his wife Irma. I love seeing these two. My Dad's other brother and wife were there as well and it was good to talk with them and hear about what is going on with their family. Everyone is so spread out now I think it is about time to organize an Eston and Christine Dunn family reunion. What do you say Dunns?
That face is one demonstrating how good her cookie was, haha. I love my Cosette!
At the beginning Aunt Anne gave a little talk. She went through each of the Mahan children and gave updates on what has been going on with the family in the last two years. When each child's name was called the members who were there from that family would stand up so we could see who was there. It was fantastic to hear about all the babies, marriages, graduations, and all other achievements family members have been making. 
Last but not least a Grandma and Henry picture. Everyone at the reunion was taken with this little guy. How could they not be?

What I learned from this family event is (the obvious) family is important, but keeping up those family relations is very important. This would not have happened if family members did not keep up with one another. And to treat family like they are family. If you are a part of the family in anyway they make you feel so welcome. The Mahan clan does a really good job about that (I hope that makes sense).

Okay, once again families ared great!
And I am going to peace out now.
Bye ya'll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day