Henry, I love you.

Henry turned 18 months old yesterday on St. Patrick's Day! This little boy has stolen my heart. He is at a really fun age right now. I can't help it but kiss his little head every chance I get, and then he leans in his head for more! I never knew that you could have so much love until I became a mother. When Cosette was born, I was bursting with love for that little girl. I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love her (except for Lyndon). Then Henry was born. My love for him was not as overwhelming at first as it was for Cosette, but as time progressed my love for him has grown so much, it could make a mountain as flat as a pancake. I am so in love with this little boy. I say it all the time, but he is the sweetest little sweetheart there ever was. He exudes joy and brings smiles to all our faces. It is contagious! I know before he was born, I felt sorry for Cosette because she would not get as much attention and then I felt sorry for him because he could not get as much as Cosette did. Now I just laugh at myself for thinking that. They are both so lucky to have each other, and Henry is so lucky to be a second child because he has Cosette to teach him the ropes and go on adventures with. He is a lucky, lucky boy. 
Things he is doing now: running like crazy, saying even more words than I can count, singing along with me when I put them to bed, telling me to "come" and gesturing with his hand when he wants something, climbing on the couches and letting me know he needs me to catch him by chanting "catch" over and over again, playing games with Cosette that mostly consist of running around the apartment as fast as they can, calling me "Daddy" even though last week he was calling me "Mommy" (I don't get that one), and doing so much more we can hardly keep up with him. Seriously, in the last couple of weeks his energy levels have sky rocketed! When I say he is running everywhere, he is running everywhere making me get my pregnant body moving faster than it should sometimes. His favorite stuffed animal is an elephant we got when we found out we were pregnant with Cosette (post here with picture). It is the only stuffed animal he has ever taken interest in and sleeps with it every night. His favorite books are Dragons Love Tacos, and Secret Pizza Party both by Adam Rubin. He gets really excited when the trains come in at the subway and when he sees cars go down the street. He loves dogs! One time someone let us pet their dog and he was so excited he started giggling. It made my mamma heart melt like butter on a hot frying pan. Oh and every car goes "choo, choo" according to our Mr. H. Pretty much he is one of the coolest kids ever along with his sister. 
He looks like such a big boy in this outfit. We went to the Manhattan Children's Museum one night and explored their Japan exhibit. 
Baby mullet. It is the cutest and probably only time in his life where he can get away wit one. 
My favorite picture of him ever! I put it up on the last post I did, but had to put it up again because it is the cutest photo ever of him!
Blurry post bath time shenanigans. 
Cosette snapped this picture of us. It is another one of my favorites. 
Wearing his shark hat grandma made for him.
Obsessed with dogs (or in this case fox) in any form. 
We are all Henry obsessed over here. Cosette tells me a lot that "Henry is my best friend". And I hear her say every other day when they are playing nicely, "Henry, I love you". Another mamma heart melting moment. 
I'll say it once again, Henry, we love you! Happy 18 month birthday buddy! xoxo Mommy, Daddy, and Cosette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day