Boo at the Zoo

While in Tennessee we made it to the opening night to the Knoxville Zoo's Boo at the Zoo. Since we are going to be in Singapore for Halloween, I want to make sure the kids get in as many Halloween/fall activities we can squeeze in. I did not have their costumes ready, so the whole family including Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle David dressed up in traditional Japanese clothes that my parents have stashed in their closet from their time in Japan. Cosette is wearing one that was meant for me when I was little. Henry is wearing one that has a twin set that was given to my parents for me and my sister Ellen when we were little. I am wearing my yukata that was given to me by our Japanese fiends when I was younger, I wanna say eight. It's the first time I have worn it since it was given to me all those years ago. Lyndon is wearing one of my Dad's yukatas. It was great. I cannot remember if Raphael was wearing any Japanese garb because he was asleep the whole time in the carrier.
 

Raphael's first Halloween!
 
We love the Mike Wazowski pumpkin. Monsters Inc has been really big at our house these last couple of months. And I love the Tennessee Vols pumpkin.
 



There was a fantastic trick or treating trail we went on because hey free candy! Cosette and Henry were all about the trick or treating. They passed out candy to the adults too, and Cosette would walk over to us after we got our candy and would ask for it.

 
 
 
Lyndon did not tie the wrap on right, it was his first time using it, and Raphael was hanging low. It looked really funny and luckily Lyndon tied it in a way that Raphael was not going to fall out. We fixed it, but for a while there it was like do your ears hang low?
 
 
Cutest little ghost cut out ever. I love Halloween!
 
 
Never fear we have the whole group of Avengers plus some other super hero on our side.

Despite the late start we got that night, we had a blast. The carousel had black crepe paper hanging down in long strings and was going backwards. We took the kids on that for a creepy awesome ride. I am so glad we got to do this outing and that the whole family that was there could come. The kids had so much fun and have been asking to go back to Book at the Zoo. I am so glad that my kids are enjoying this time of year as much as I do. I know, I'm obsessed.

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day