Halloween Singapore Style

 We had quite the lovely and traditional Halloween over here in Singapore. The Woodlands neighborhood does trick or treating every year and about 5,000 or 10,000 (the number varies depending on who you talk to) people head up there to trick or treat. The streets are blocked off so no traffic can get through, there are even security guards and medical personnel. It is legit and intense. It reminded me of our trick or treating in NYC, oh we miss that place. Hundreds of people, you don't dare bring a stroller it's so crowded, but it's the best because everyone is happy and having one big party. I love Halloween.

We have a lot of friends who live in the Woodlands and one super awesome fabulous family was having a big party for everyone to come eat, use it as their trick or treating base. It was awesome. And worked out so perfectly for us. Lyndon had to work all night, so it was just me and the kids. It was really nice to be with friends who feel like family on our favorite holiday, because Cosette and I are obsessed with Halloween.

Trick or treating. It was a lot of fun and also stressful. Cosette, the strong willed independent child she is, took off with her friends and I had no idea where she was. Luckily she ended up at a friend's house and their mom let me know she was there. She said she was too excited to go trick or treating. And she was. On our way back to the MRT she had to stop at every house that was giving out candy so she could fill up her bucket. She told me "Mom, I'm not scared of anything", and run off to get her candy and come back. She was in her element.

While Cosette was off, I was with the boys. Singapore is safe, and Cosette was with friends, so I was not too worried. We did a small loop and they were done. Raphael loved it, because he got candy! He was so excited about the candy. Basically we would stop at a house, say trick or treat, get candy and he would grab it out of his pumpkin and eat it. If I was to slow at opening or did not give it to him, he would shriek. I almost went def. He was the cutest dinosaur/dragon. Really he was a dinosaur, but everyone thought he was a dragon. Henry was super cute, and got into it towards the end of the loop. He was done after the loop and ready to get out of his costume. Singapore is hot, hot, hot! And these poor guys costumes were hot, hot, hot. I did not mean for it to be that way, but he wanted to be a tiger and I had already made the costume back in March, so he was a tiger.

She is Queen Elsa, and she is letting it go.
This is what it looked like on our way out. Soooo many people! The trick or treating started at 5:30, and that is when we started. After our experience in NYC we know to start early to beat the crowds. 



View from a friend's house.  5,000 visitors people, 5,000! 
The obligatory costume shoot. The best I could do before R ran to push the elevator button.


A Rapha-saurus. He even growled. It was the cutest. 

Could not get that sucker out of her mouth.
I love my little tiger. 

At our Halloween playgroup. When I look at this picture I automatically think, "I love Halloween". Hello (Kitty) Elsa! That's a new one. 

Happy Halloween from Singapore!

Comments

  1. Wow! That's a lot of people out on Halloween! Sooo much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of people, but did not faze me too much. I've been living city life for too long, haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day