A Day at Cades Cove

We spent a beautiful Saturday at Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It is a beautiful area. I really enjoy going to the mountains. It is nice getting away and be surrounded by God's creations. 

We played in the creek there for a while. The water was really cold. The kids had a lot of fun. Cosette went exploring with Pa. Rapha was just running around and purposely falling in the water, the little critter. Henry spent the time playing pirates with Uncle David. Lots of smiles, and laughs. 




 I found this giant crawdad. It is the biggest one I have seen. It was swimming around in the open. It was cool to get to see this guy up close. It was one of the interesting animals we saw. We saw several deer, squirrels, turkey vultures, and the coolest: a black bear! We seen one just about every time we go up to the Smokies. 



My parents. Photo bombed by Mom. 

Highlight of the day was going horse back riding with Cosette. We got treated for our birthdays. It was a special thing to do with Cosette. It was her first time horse back riding by herself. We had a guide who took us on around a 5K loop through the mountains. 

Cosette's horse was named Cinder, and Was a sweet heart. Cosette was first in line behind our guide. She was really cute asking me if I was okay. She enjoys feeling like a big girl. My horse was named Priscilla. She was prissy. She hated going through mud. She went around as much mud as she possibly could. Once she took me off the trail, and I had to pull the reins really hard to get her back on track. I learned a lot about horses on that ride. At one point she started do canter a  little bit, and it was so exciting! I have only ever been on a horse at a trot, because someone always had to lead the horse, ugh.  

  



Meanwhile, the rest of the gang went on a carriage ride. The boys were to young to go horse back riding. They had a great time. Their driver let both of them hold the reigns. 


 Rapha was mad he did not get a helmet. Pa saved the day, and was able to get him a helmet. He was so happy. He wore it the entire time they went on their carriage ride. 

I love this picture of everyone. Rapha and Henry's smiles are the best. Glad my kids were able to experience a special place in East Tennessee. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day