Rain Can't Stop Me Now

We took to the city on a very rainy day in November, and had a wonderful outing with some friends. We ventured down to midtown to check out the Grinch for Good installation down by the Today Show and Canstruction at Brookfield Place. First we had to stop at the LEGO store. Everyone was in heaven. Henry built these adorable Halloween mini figures. We could have spent the entire day there playing with LEGOs and looking at all the amazing LEGO creations around the store.  


He wants these cars. If he was older I would. They are amazing. 
The boys were so cute in all their matching rain coats and holding hands. 

I absolutely love this posted. New Yorkers are all those things, but also watch out for each other. 





My friend took this picture of us walking to our next destination. It was one of those days that nothing was going to stop me from going on an outing. Nothing did. The kids did not even complain about our lack of rain gear. After this outing I did buy more rain coats. 

Hungry Hungry Hippos. 


I took several pictures of the Killler Whale. It was the coolest one. And I love Free Willy. 




Dumbo! This was the cutest one. Rapha has a little Dumbo stuffed animal I insisted on getting him in Hong Kong Disney, and this sculpture took me back to those memories and baby Rapha. So cute. 



A brownstone in NYC. Love the person sitting on the stoop. 
The Grand Canyon. It would have been better if you could have actually see the canyon. The "can"-yon walls made it very difficult to see it's grandness. 


We took on the city in what could have been a disaster and had the best time. I find if I have a good attitude my kids will have a better attitude. Friends always help, and good food. Brookfield Place has an excellent food court, and the boys had their fill of dumplings.

I do not do outings like this hardly at all anymore. We are confined with our school schedules, which makes it difficult, or me just being lazy, to get out of the neighborhood during the week.

I think about historic explorers, and how the world is completely explored and there is no new place to adventure to, except the North and South pole. This day we were explorers in our own right, over coming obstacles, traveling far distances to enjoy beautiful and new things. This day will remind me to not let the rain stop me, or snow, or cold. There are only two possible outcomes: it will be awesome, or a disaster. If it turns into a disaster we can always take a cab home. 

Post from Canstruction back in 2014!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day