S'more out of Summer

L.L. Bean hosted a free event downtown at the Battery this week. We went had the best time at this pop up event!  We made s'mores, played in an awesome tent, listened to the sounds of nature, played corn hole, hung out in a hammock and lots more! Sometimes these free pop up events are duds, but this one was so much fun. We stayed for about two hours. I was pushy with some of my friends, telling them they had to come, because it was seriously so much fun! Poor Cosette has been battling a nasty cold for a week now, so she was at home with me and Rapha.





We spent most of our time playing in the tent. This camping bunk bed was amazing! I want it for out apartment. Rapha loved running around the tent with the lanterns, sitting on "his" bed. I could not pick just one photo of him playing in there. He is too cute, and our mornings just the two of us our numbered. 

He yelled, "take a picture of me sleeping, Mom!". 


Once Rapha let her have a turn, this girl was in love with these beds too. 



Rapha had a very specific way to play corn hole. He said to stand right next to the board and throw the bean bag into the hole. 


Again, I could not pick just one of these two in the hammock. They had such a blast. They almost fell out a couple times, haha. That made it more fun. 



It has been raining so much this week, that the ground was wet and muddy. It made it feel like a authentic outdoor experience. C and R made three s'mores each. They got the hang of making sure to rotate the marshmallow to get that toasted golden brown look. They also caught two out of their three on fire. Authentic camping experience right there! 

It was an event where I just had a really good time with my kids laughing and smiling. My favorite part was sitting in a porch swing, singing along with the guitarist to "Sweet Caroline, bah bah bah" with the kids, as they ate their last s'more. 

They were passing out guide books to getting "S'more out of Summer". It reminded me to get our summer bucket list written out. I've been thinking about it for a couple months now, and talked about it with the kids, but we seriously need to write it down, tack it up on the wall, and reward ourselves with ice cream every time we check something off, because it's summer! They've already told me we have to get ice cream everyday because it will be so hot and they won't want to eat anything else, haha. 

We are down to less than five days of school left, and I am really excited for summer! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day