The End of the School Year

The school year is winding down. We have two and half weeks left. We have three days off in June. Kind of annoying since it is so close to the end of the year. Granted, one is a Muslim holiday, so I totally get why we have that off. The other two I have no idea what they are for, but we have them off, so we will play. 

This past week there were three major school events. Cosette had Biography Day. She did hers on Anne Frank. I am so proud of her. She spoke clearly and loud enough for everyone in the classroom to hear. Henry's class won a recess in Central Park from the school auction. Parents were invited to join. I went and walked with Henry and his BFF over to Central Park and hung out with him for an hour. Then Gallery Night was thrown in the middle of the week. It is a night where art projects the kids have been working on at school are displayed. Second grade did pictures of what they are going to be when they grow up. Cosette drew a picture of her as a paleontologist at a new museum with a new dinosaur she discovered. Henry even made a debut in her picture! She is asking him what she should name her new dinosaur. I love it! Henry's was a modern art picture. I absolutely love, because he painted it. We all went to the cafeteria to help work on school art projects that are displayed outside the school for the following school year. 

Those school events were going on and we had two days off. Our first day we kept it low key. We had a picnic in the park with launchable and Gatorade. The kids are mental for those things right now. Then they all had playdates. C had one at a friends house. We had a couple of the boys friends over. It was fun. Thursday we went to this incredible playground in Washington Heights. It is Riverside Park. We took the train up and walked over. It was so cool! Discovery Playground in Riverside Park. It is a must for all you NYCers. We met up with friends and stayed for a long time. A friend I have not seen in about a year was able to meet up with us. It was no nice to visit with her. 



My favorite picture from our week. My boys and their Gatorade mustaches. 


Kindergarteners have a snack before lunch everyday. This day they were having it in CP. I was planning on buying a lunchable for Henry and taking it with me to the playdate. I was running late, because WHERE DOES TIME GO?!?!?! I sprinted at full speed from the apartment to the grocery store by the school bought the launchable and made it to the school in five minutes to get there on time. The things moms do for their kids. As you can see, Henry was very happy to have his lunchable. 


Best Kindergarten class I could have asked for Henry. The kids are so nice. It has kick started his elementary school experience off right. The teachers are great too. 

Gallery Night!





New favorite playground. 

Plothow cuteness overload on the subway. A sign of a excellent playground outing. 

Biography day! So proud of my Cosette! 

Besties for life! We have already been asked twice if we are sisters. I do not know if she is going to like it when she gets older. I like it because it makes me feel like a youngin, and makes me feel closer to her. I love her with my entire being. 

Her second bestie. So glad Daddy could be there for her presentation. He had to do some work, but finished it in the hallway before her presentation. New York working life. 

The beginning and end of things always seems to be really busy. I am enjoying seeing all the progress the kids have made academically and socially this year. These extra days off are a preview for what our summer is going to be like, FUN! I am looking forward to the lack of schedule and endless daylight hours to enjoy together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day