The Bronx Zoo with Grandma

We are so lucky to have hosted Grandma Emily for a week after Cosette's baptism (post here). When family that has visited us before comes, we try to do something new for them in NYC. It is really fun for us to show them different parts of the city we love, and do some of our favorite things with our favorite people. 


This time we took Grandma Emily to the Bronx Zoo. If you know us, then you know we love going to the zoo. I always say when we visit a new place, "We wouldn't be us with out going to the zoo". It is one of our favorite places to visit, and we thought it would be fun to share it with her. 



All the animals were out and really active. It was the perfect day! The weather was nice, the animals were active, and we got dip in dots. Perfect zoo day. 



I finally went to the Congo Forest and saw the gorillas. I have been dying to see them every zoo visit we have done over the summer, and it has never worked out. I love that place. It is so beautiful as you walk through this recreated jungle path. I definitely am an animal dork, because I know all the names of the animals with out even looking at the name plates. Seeing the gorillas was the high light for me. 



We visited the butterfly garden, saw all the African animals, did the new Dinosaur Safari exhibit, bug carousel, sea lions, the Asian monorail, etc. The Asian monorail is always exciting. The elephant was right up next to us in her enclosure. I have never seen her that close before. Anikan, the tiger, was out prowling around. We all love seeing the tigers. Side note: the tigers were out in their enclosure on Tiger Mountain exhibit! It is probably my most favorite exhibit in the zoo. I love seeing them out there roaming around. They are such beautiful creatures. Back to Asia monorail. The red panda was out, everything was out. Lovely, lovely zoo outing.  



Henry got to hold a new born baby alligator snapping turtle that one of the workers found on the grounds. He said he could tell it was born that morning because it's shell was still soft. That is why I love going to the zoo! You always have a new experience. 


We had Cosette's BFF come with us too. I love her so much. She is like one of the bunch. So happy to have all our friends back in the city after all our summer trips. 








Henry has the best smile. 









I have never seen a cuter bumble bee.




Baby snapping turtle!!!



These girls are the greatest. They during the dinosaur safari, they consulted their guide book and looked up all the different dinosaurs. I just really enjoyed watching them and hearing their conversation. I am a creeper, lol. 


One of the cutest boys bearing with his mamma, while she takes endless pictures. I love him dearly.

Great zoo day. I am so glad we were able to share this beloved place with Grandma. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day