Japan Trip: Yokohama

We are in Japan! And Japan is Awesome! My family lived here when I was born and I have not been back since we moved to the US so it is kind of a bucket list thing of mine to come back and visit. So I am pretty excited to be here. After spending a day here Lyndon is too. Coco is happy to be with us. We love her.

We have divided up our time between the Tokyo area and down in the Kansai area. We are lucky to have family and friends that lives close to these areas.

Our first day we spent with my cousin and her family in Yokohama. Yokohama is the second largest city in Japan. We spent the day walking around the city enjoying being back in the first world.

We attended a Japanese branch. I was able to practice my Japanese some. I was understood and could understand. I took several semesters of Japanese when I attended university so I was very happy that all the hard work I put in has paid off a little. It has been a couple of years so I do not remember as much as I would like. I do remeber enough to get us around so that is good enough for now.




There are giant ravens all around Japan. They are huge and loud! I was shocked at how big they were.







Found a beautiful gothic cathedral. I was surprised at the archietecture. There is quite a variety. We have seen gothic, classical, Japanese, modern, and post modern.




View of Yokohama.
We found a oragami shop. It had tons of beautiful origami paper and others.











Yokohama is home to Chinatown. This is the third chinatown I have been to and my favorite one. We enjoyed the most delicious chinese food I have ever had. My cousin's husband directed us to the best things. We were lucky to have him as our tour guide for the day.


I tried out the fish pedicure where you stick your feet in a pool of these tiny fish that eat the dead skin off your feet. Babies were free so Cosette and Yuki did it with me. It felt really weird but it was fun. I would do it again. It felt like one of those massage chairs on your feet. I will say I did not like it when the fish were in between my toes. Other than that is it was fine. It does work too. My feet felt nice and soft afterwards. Cosette enjoyed splashing around in the water. Yuki did not like sticking her feet in the water.








We visited a Budist temple.



We walked down to the Landmark area. It was a beautiful walk down the coast.


The babies were a hit with everyone. I think everyone that walked by them smiled and said kawai (cute in Japanese).
We visited Isenguard aka the Landmark tower. It is the third largest structure in Japan. It is almost as tall as the one world trade center. We went to the top and snuk into some of the rooms to look at the view. The Yokohama/Tokyo area is huge!







Landmark tower which I think looks like Isenguard in Lord of the Rings.


It was Cosette's Birthday that day so we went out and got some pastries. Asia has the best bread. There was this place in the Philippines that had the best bread! I have never liked bread that much. The bread in Japan is the same.





Yokohama is beautiful at night. We have this scene as a computer back ground so it was cool to see it in person.
We had the best day and our trip was only starting.




Comments

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you guys got to go there. I agree, that totally looks like the Lord of the Rings tower!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day