Birthday Weekend Part 2: Central Park Fairy Tale


One thing I love about Lyndon is that when I suggest we do something or tell him that there is something I eventually want to do in life he makes it happen, and pretty quickly. That is the setting for the second night of  my birthday celebrations.

Once again I had no idea what the plans were for the evening. All Lyndon would say was the time and what I should wear. He told Cosette what the plans were and tried to get her to hint them to me, but she is two and it did not quite click. We took the train down to Columbus Circle where Lyndon then lead me and Cosette over to the south side of Central Park which is the best place to go for a carriage ride. Yes, Lyndon's plan was to take me and Cosette on a horse drawn carriage ride through Central Park! Pretty darn romantic. It is one of those things that I wanted to do eventually during our time in NYC, but not high on my priority list because we are going to be here a while and have plenty of time to do it. Of course, I told Lyndon that sometime in my life I want to go on one of the carriage rides through the park and he made it happen. This is why he is the best. He makes my dreams come true.


Cosette is in a horse loving phase right now. She was very excited to go on the carriage ride. She made a little gasp of excitment when she realized we were going to ride the horse, well sit in the carriage. She stood up looking at it the whole time. Her favorite part of the ride was that the horse pooped and she talked about it the rest of the night. "Horsie pooped" she said over and over and over again. Lyndon tried to guide the conversation away from that topic, but she will still tell you today that the horse pooped.


We did not go all the way through the park because surprise number two of the night was in the middle of the park by the Basethda Fountain. We had sometime to kill before our next activity so Cosette and I sang "I know you" from Sleeping Beauty. That is her favorite movie and song to sing. She calls it "I know". 


The second activity for the evening was dinner at the Boat House. It is the only restaurant in Central Park. It is really nice. It sits right on one of the lakes in the park. The view is beautiful. There were three alligator snapping turtles that swam back and forth by our table the entire evening. It was like they were waiting to eat us.


Cute sweet angel.

After dinner Lyndon informed me there was a thrid activity that evening. We had some time to kill again so we walked over to the Alice in Wonderland statue and hung out for a while letting Cosette get some of her wiggles out.

The last activity of the night was a ride on the gondola around the lake by the Boat House. Lyndon had rented the gondola just for us and it came a little late so it was dark and we were the only people on the lake.  The city lights were beautiful. Everything was calm and quiet, something that you do not get much of in the city. Cosette really enjoyed the boat ride, surprisingly more than the carriage ride. 


While living in Cambridge, Lyndon became a very experienced and excellent punter. Our punter let him have a go for a little while on the water. 


I could not have asked for a better birthday. It really was like a fairy tale. Everything seemed pretty surreal. Starting year 25 like this definitely means it is going to be a great year. Thank you Lyndon for being the sweet husband you are. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day