Six Months Old

Raphael turned six months in January. The time went by so, so fast. Babies growing is so bitter sweet. I miss him being so little and falling asleep on my chest, because now that he is a big boy at six months he has decided he will only sleep in his bed. Which I have no problem with, but you know, it just makes me miss those early months. 
 It sounds funny for me to reminisce about the early months, but babies change so much that first year. They go from being immobile and sleeping all the time to being awake and start laughing, then rolling over, eating solids, walking. It's amazing how much they change.

I have really enjoyed Raphael's babyhood. We have had pretty unique situations with all our babies. I had mono with Cosette so we just bummed around, Henry we were traveling around Europe and were nomads for the first year of his life. And then we up and moved to Singapore when Raphael was three months old. That month we spent with family before we left was really good. I got to focus on my kids and did not have to worry about the every day life stuff you have to do. And that first month we were in SG living in the service apartment, I got to pretty much hang out because there was cleaning service everyday. I got to spend a lot more time focusing on him and fully experiencing his babyhood. It's been great.
These three kids wear me out every single day, and I wonder how I am going to get through the next, but it has been one of the happiest periods in my motherhood experience. By no means is it easy, but my Dad told me once that the best times in life or things we do in life are often the hardest. Best of times, worst of times, right? Haha. This six month period with our little Raphael has been one of the best. And it only gets better.
Here is what Raphael is doing at six months:
1. Putting his knees underneath him. He is not crawling yet, but he is mobile. The other day he grabbed the edge of our rug and pulled himself over. It's really cute to see him try to move. He will be playing with a toy and some how it gets away from him and he tries so hard to get to it. He usually makes it over to the toy or thing that he wants. Crawling is on its way.
2. He is teething. His bottom two front teeth are making their way up. It has been a rough couple of weeks for him. He has been really clingy and just wants to be held. 
3. He is eating solids. This boy is so ready for real food. It is nearly impossible to eat with him sitting in my lap. He is grabbing everything. I let him suck on a corn on the cob one night while we were eating dinner. He got so mad when I took it away. He is ready for real food.
4. He kicks his legs all the time. When he is excited he kicks them and when he is upset he kicks them. We call him kicky legs!
Those are the big things he is doing. He is the sweetest boy. I'm so grateful he is ours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day