Cosette is Six!


My baby girl turned six years old this past week. It has been a highly anticipated event. She has been talking about her birthday since January. She and I have been planning it for a long time. Mostly her telling me what she wants, and me telling her if its in the realm of real possibilities (no, I cannot get the real "Starry Night" on loan from the MOMA).  She told me several months back that she wanted an art party, complete with a "Starry Night" cake. It happened. She turned six with an art party, and "Starry Night" cake.


Van Gogh enthusiast. 

Little tiny Rapha trying to get some drinks.
Six year old Cosette is spunky, artistic, strong willed, and minded. She is not afraid to answer question and talk to new people for the most part. She is amazing at making new friends. Where ever we go, pool, playground, etc, she always makes new friends. She is a big reader. Junie B. Jones is her favorite series right now. She still wants to be an art teacher when she grows up. She is a good leader. Her favorite colors remain pink, purple, and yellow. She likes being a little lady, but she is sure not afraid to get dirty. She is a good swimmer. She puts her googles on and off she goes. She is a great helper. She really likes it when people ask her to help them do something. She has gotten into making smoothies, or some type of smoothie concoction.  And her little brothers adore her. It's adorable. Raphael is always asking "where is Coco?". I want to put that in there because it is so cute how much they love her. I can go on, but those are the things that characterize six year old Cosette.



White tiger!

In addition to all our friends who came, our Sainsbury cousins who live in TN were able to come! It was a wonderful surprise to find out that Lyndon's cousin lives close to my parents. So glad they came and we got to celebrate with them.

Costte's birthday is not only a celebration of her birth, but also one of me becoming a mother. I say this a lot on the blog, but the day she was born still remains the happiest day of my life. That does not mean the births of my other children were not as special, because they were. Her birth is special because I became a mother for the first time. It was a leap of faith on my part to become a mother, and it is leap that I am grateful I took. Heavenly Father sent me this amazing person to be my child. I had a very strong connection with her during my pregnancy.  Obviously She was physically with me, but she was also very spiritually present. I knew she was a girl when I was only ten weeks along. When she was born I reached nirvana. Never in my life have I felt so at peace and filled with joy and love as I did the day of her birth. Every year on her birthday I get to reflect upon this day, and I look forward to her birthday as much as she does.

Happy Sixth Birthday Cosette! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day