Thirty

 I turned thirty this week! My parents took me up to the Smokies in the morning to ride bikes around Cades Cove. It was a wonderful way to start this new decade.

I am pretty happy to close my chapter in my 20s. I did a lot. I graduated from college, got married, move 19 times, had three babies, made many wonderful friends, dealt with a lot of health issues, developed several hobbies that have enriched my life, ran a half marathon (!!), and learned a lot. A lot. That is something that will continue through every phase of life, unfortunately or fortunately? Not sure which, haha.

I am embracing getting older. I have always been one of the younger ones in my friend group, thus I have been surrounded by “older” women. These women have shared their wisdom from life experiences with me. God has used them as a way to communicate with me with suggestions and ideas that were answers to my prayers. They are my friends and I have so much love and respect for them. Plus, they are all so beautiful. So beautiful. I think women get more beautiful as they get older.






The best part of my 20s was starting our family. My kids are the best thing to ever happen to me. I am grateful for the blessing I have to be a mother.

Goals for this new decade, survive my kids teenage years. They will be here before it ends! Lyndon and I have some plans. It's going to be great! Here's to 30, flirty (with my hubs), and thriving. Been waiting for over a decade to use that phrase for myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day