Sister and Niece Visit


Leslie and Baby Ruby came to visit us at the end of June! It is the first time in what six years Leslie has come to visit us in NYC. We had a much better visit than the first time (I got the flu and Lyndon had finals). She brought Baby Ruby, aka the Rubster (nickname given by Henry). The kids enjoyed having their baby cousin around. We have not gotten to spend that much time with Ruby, and we loved getting to know our Rubster better. 

We did combo of the usual and unusual sights. Plus, ate our way through a few of our favorite NYC food places, mostly deserts. We spent tons of time at the our after school playground, Brooklyn bridge, Waitress on Broadway, and yoga in Times Square for the summer solstice, NY Botanic Gardens, etc. I loved spending time with my sister. 



She loved Cosette.

Leslie did an internship in NYC while were in Paris (so bummed we weren't here). She wanted to show us where she lived and worked. This was her apartment building. 

Ruby's first time on the subway! Contrary to how she looks, she did great. Everyone was smiling at her. 

This little girl finally made me an aunt on the Dunn side. And we share a name: Christine. I am Christine and she is Ruby Christine. Both of us named after my Ma, not after me. 

A visit to the Happy go Lucky exhibit done by Sunny Hues in Soho (post here). It was so much fun! I loved letting lose and taking some great photos. 

Lunch at Chelsea Market. Took her to Takumi Tacos, Japanese Mexican infusion. Favorite tacos! The curry beef is to die for. I dreamed of those tacos for the entire time we were in Singapore. I will take any chance I get to go there. 





Sea Lion show at the Central Park Zoo. 

Leslie's first Broadway! Waitress had been on my list for forever. Blake from one of our favorite shows, Madame Secretary, was in it! We texted our Mom during it, because we were so excited. Back to Waitress. The singing and acting was amazing. However, Not my favorite show though. Glad I saw it, but I probably would not see it again. We watched the movie later in the week, and both of us liked it better than the Broadway. Now I really want to make pie. "Sugar, butter, flour...."
The most interesting dessert we tried was a Sriracha Lime cupcake from Sprinkles. Interesting in theory, gross in reality. Never again, haha. 

Georgia O'Keeif exhibit at the New York Botanic Gardens. It is all her art she did while in Hawaii. 

This is a place that I do not go often. It is lovely, and I am glad Leslie wanted to go. Visitors make for the best excuses to go for long outings. 




Hands down, my favorite thing we did was yoga in Times Square for the summer solstice. It was so much fun! I found out that I am good at yoga, haha. I don't think I will become a yogi anytime soon, but it was an incredible experience. 


Yogi's for a night.

The Natural History Museum subway has some of the best subway art in the city. Can you believe this mural is in the subway?

No sleep till Brooklyn! Those Beastie Boys. 




After my experience at the Happy go Lucky exhibit, I am all about these crazy poses. 

The best dessert place we went to, was cookie dough from DO. It never disappoints! Never disappoints.

So glad we got to spend a lot of time with these two. I wish we lived closer to each other. Both of us have made a point to visit each other, and spend time together when we are both home in Tennessee. Extra glad we got to see them a week later in Tennessee! I say this a lot, but sisters are the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day