My Sister's Wedding





My little sister Leslie got married on 8/16/13 to a boy named Sam. It was a beautiful day. The bride and groom were both gloriously happy. Sam kept saying he was marrying a model because lets face it Leslie kind of looks like one (the girl is 5'11" and has the look Tyra Banks is always looking for). 

The night before the big day the ladies hung out while the boys went out for a "bachelor" party. Don't worry my Dad was there so nothing to racey except for exotic mexican pizza happened. 

Pictures documenting the preparations for the next day. Jumping on the bed with Cosette was required. 

Before the wedding photos:


On our way to the Nashville Temple. Cosette was really excited to go to the temple. She has learned the primary song "I love to see the Temple" and sings it all the time. 

 

My brother Eston wearing Cosette's sunglasses while waiting for the ceremony to finish. He looks pretty rad. 


Eston and Bethany.

They are married photos!:

Cosette running to tell everyone Sam and Leslie are coming!


Mr. and Mrs. Sam Briscoe!


The twins! Did I mention that Bethany and Leslie are twins?


My Mom and her sisters.

Grandma Barron and Sam. 




Hugs all around congratulating the happy couple.




Leslie and my Dad to the left and David giving Sam a welcome to the family bro hug on the right.


My two loves.


Nashville Temple.

Luncheon photos:

The luncheon was held close by with close family and friends. The best man Sam's brother Max gave a toast. He knew Leslie before Sam did. Leslie and Sam started dating after Max left on his mission and when he found out those two were dating he could not believe it. 


GIANT rocking chair. Shot of our almost family of four (35 weeks in this photo).


My lovely sisters Bethany and Ellen.


The parents. My Momma got her outfit when she came to visit me in NYC. She has decided she likes to shop here.


Lyndon and Eston. Lyndon is wearing Cosette's hair clip. He is a dad.


Bride and Groom.

The reception photos:


The cutest flower girl ever. She loved her little basket. She carried it around all night.


I love her cake! It was delicious too. 


The family came together once again and put on a beautiful reception. It was the fourth one that summer and the third in the last three weeks. 


I think it is a Southern tradition at weddings to have a groom's cake, but Sam opted for donut holes from Ralph's Donut Shop. Best donuts ever! Good choice Sam.




No cake smashing for these two.


Father daughter/ mother son dance. Then we all got up and boogied the rest of the night. I did not get a picture of this, but someone should have taken a video of our family's congo line when the song "We are Family" came on. It is our family's tradition at receptions to get out and groove to that song. It is an awesome sight to behold. 


My Dad with his brothers and their wives. It was nice that they could all be there.


Me and my lovely cousin Kathryne. 


Boquet toss. I love how animatedly Leslie threw it. I think two ladies caught it. 

  
Our traditional sister picture on a couch that we started at my wedding. 

Congratulations Leslie and Sam!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day