Cirque Du Soleil and Mickey Mouse

A friend told us about a free Cirque du Soleil show down in Marina Bay this week. We were able to get tickets (thank you Natalie) and got to see Totem, Cirque du Soleil's two brand new act. The show was pretty amazing. It is incredible how they can bend their bodies. Cirque du Soleil really demonstrates how amazing the human body is.The kids were enthralled by the performance the whole time. Cosette has not come out and said she wants to be and acrobat, but was clearly inspired by the show. She was climbing and doing all sorts of tricks on the way out of the venue. Henry was cute during the show and said “look Mommy! Look!”. I love my littles. I have never been interested in going to one of those shows before, but since the kids loved it so much I think we will have to check it out. Since they enjoyed the show so much and were entertained the whole time it gives me hope that we can do more things like this in the future.
There were two acts that they performed. One was a aquatic theme and the second was man's journey to discovering himself. 


She was having the time of her life. I'm going to have to start calling her my little acrobat.
I am so happy Henry enjoyed the show. It would have been difficult if he had not been interested to juggle him and Raphael. It was kind of hard not to be enthralled by it. The costumes, the tricks. It was a time to remember. 





This photo to document that Raphael and I were there.


After the show we ventured around the Marina Bay area. It is so lovely down there. I cannot wait to get our shipment (it comes on the 19 and we get all our things on the 26th) so we can get the kids scooters out and scooter around the bay. The kids had a great time going through the “forests” which were just clumps of trees next to this huge mall by the Sands Hotel. They pretended to be explores and kept telling each other to watch out for boobie traps. Oh, to be a child again and experience things like they are brand new.


Being explorers here.
They would point to the lights in the ground and say "don't step on the boobie traps".  Henry is making sure Cosette knows about this one. I heart them!
Lyndon's building. We met him for lunch there afterward. They have a awesome food court at work with food from every part of Asia, and hot dogs. Chicken hot dogs actually. The kids were thrilled.
Singapore is getting all decked out for Christmas. I love it. On the Tang Plaza there is even a New Testament verse. I love seeing the religious side of this holiday being broadcast. 
When we got back we went straight to Takashimaya to see if we could get into a small Disney performance and meet Mickey Mouse. And we did! Cosette even got called on to go on stage and answer a question, “what color is Donald Duck’s sailor suit?”. She answered correctly, blue! I made sure to tell her the answer before she went on stage, because she had told me it was green. She got a cute little Anna and Elsa purse. I was really happy for her that she got that experience. Then we got our picture with Mickey, Minnie, and Donald. It made me happy to get that. Henry has been way into Mickey Mouse Club House lately. I even let them watch extra TV that day, because when I was planning on turning it off Cosette yelled to Henry that it was coming on. It’s his favorite.I love my babies.


They were kind of unsure about Mickey. They warmed up enough to get some pictures. 

Here is a clip I got of Cosette answering the question. I was to slow to miss her telling her name and age. She said it loud with gusto. 

This day was a great one. I did a good job of wearing us all out, but it was so great. I just don't want to miss anything or the kids to miss out on any experiences here. I am grateful that I get this time with them to explore this new beautiful place we live in. We are still in the honeymoon phase here. Everything is new and exciting. We are all loving it. Cosette does say that it is too hot, but we get to go swimming every day. She is mighty okay with that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day