School Time: K1 Gymnasts

Cosette's teacher sent me some pictures from class I thought I would share. Her class is called K1 Gymnasts. They have little pictures of gymnasts on the door and walls in the classroom which I find kind of funny because they are not doing gymnastics. 
School is getting better. It's not her favorite thing, but it is good for her. She is always happy to go and happy to be picked up. She does not throw a fit or cry. No warning signs there. The thing is next year she has to go to school because in the states she would be in Kindergarten and she has to be on the same level as she should be when we go back to New York. Plus, she will be behind all her peers here if she does not go this year, and that will make it even harder next year. I walked away from dropping her off on Friday and felt peace. The spirit was telling me that all was going to be okay and this was good for her. I had just talked to her teacher about not being to hard on her because this is such a big adjustment for her. Her teacher has been great. There is a major cultural difference, but it's not bad. It's just different. We think of teachers in the USA being all nice and warm. Here elementary school teachers are not that. They expect students to listen and pay attention. They have to learn it sometime in their life. She plays all morning and all afternoon when school is out. She is doing really well. It definitely shows that she is okay because she is happy. She is nice to Henry and does not act out. If she was having problems she would not be doing those things. 

Plus, she is learning a lot. She can write her letters and numbers and was telling me about math. She also learned a Chinese song with hand motions that she has been singing all week. She said that she has two friends. One is a boy and is super funny. The other is a girl and she is not funny. Those are her exact words. I asked her what their names are and she doesn't know. I gave her the assignment of finding out their names. 
She takes a snack and water bottle everyday. She tells me that all the kids bring sweets for snack and that it is not good for them. She takes a special snack she picks out on Fridays. It is usually a treat. 





She is making friends.

She is constantly surprising me at all the things she is learning. I am so grateful that she has a desire to learn and wants to do well. I hope that she never loses that desire. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day