Count Down to Christmas


We have started our Christmas celebrations early over here. Lyndon and I usually like to give Thanksgiving its due, and we still our. But we have started listening to Christmas music. This is probably the first time in my life I have ever started listening to Christmas music before the day after Thanksgiving. I have for gone all my holiday ritual because this time of year goes by too quickly, and I just want to celebrate for as long as we can. New York is also getting ready, and it's hard not to be in the Christmas spirit when the Christmas dinosaurs are being put up in front of the Natural History Museum!

Hallmark Channel was hosting a Museum of Christmas to countdown the days till they start their Christmas specials. It looked too much fun to miss. 

The kids and I ventured down to the East Village to check it out. They were so excited, and who could not be? We ran through a Christmas tree forest, swung on candy cane decorated tire swings, swam in a pool of "snow balls", rode in Santa's sleigh, climbed a mountain of presents, got hugged by giant teddy bears, and spent 45 seconds in a light box full of Christmas lights (the 45 seconds thing makes me laugh). Full blown Christmas extravaganza! 


Bear hug!


Pulled out my ugly Christmas sweater/jumper for the event. 


Best one of us on the candy cane swings. This is when we need Daddy with us to be our personal photographer. 

This little guy was so excited to go into the ball pit, but once in was not so sure about it.....

So Mom to the resuce! This is currently favorite picture. 

Henry wanted in on the selfie action.


She's been waiting for snow, for so long. She was beyond excited to dive into some "snow". 

Definetly would not mind finding her in my stocking. 

Henry, hahaha. 





Henry proclaiming he is Santa Claus, and driving the sleigh. Love him. 


I want to say that we were sad to be leaving, but more of a tantrum going on. #momlife
It was one of those outings that I had so much fun with the kids. Those are my favorites. 
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas! Grateful for these wonderful holidays that we are celebrating. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day