A Night With Andrew Lloyd Webber


I had the amazing opportunity to attend a live Q&A with the esteemed Andrew Lloyd Webber and Glenn Close, and her dog. The night was about his new autobiography, Unmasked, which I am so excited to read. 

The man is the first person since Rogers and Hammerstein to have four productions on Broadway at the same time. Phantom is the longest running Broadway in history, and Cats is the fourth. I have seen both of those productions, and. both amazing. Cats is my favorite of the two, but I am partial to Phantom because Christine. I love love love the music in Cats. It's very playful and describes cats perfectly. Love it! 

He and my Dad would get a long well. Webber loves the song "One Enchanted Evening" from South Pacific, which my Dad loves, the film and the song. He would come home from work coming through the door belting it out to my Mom. I loved it. Me and all my siblings remember him doing it, and I think I can say that movie holds a special place in my heart because of it.


You are probably sick of this picture right now, but had to document this momentous night.

It was incredible to be in the "presence" of this incredible composer. I was in the second row balcony, so it was not like I was right there in his presence, but I was in the same room, breathing the same oxygen. The best part of the evening was when one of the singers came in and performed Love Never Dies, and Webber accompanied her. Seeing him play was incredible. It was beautiful. That was the best part of the night. I felt energized and a whole new world of musical theatre is open to me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day