Girls Visit


We had my Mom, and sister visit for their spring breaks. Their trips overlapped, and we were all excited to have the company. 

Since they have both been to NYC several times, we do not have to do all the sight seeing. Our neighborhood is great, and we really do not have to leave it to experience NYC. Ellen and I continued our sister tradition of having hot chocolate at City Bakery, and making a stop to Strand Bookstore. It's our thing we do every time she comes to visit, and I really look forward to it. My Mom and I ran several times in Central Park. That is our thing. I do not have a running buddy up here, so it was nice to have someone to talk to.

The new things we did were going to the Neue Galerie to see the Woman in Gold painting. A visit to Mood Fabrics to check out fabric for Ellen's upcoming wedding. The Orchid show at the Botanic Gardens. The St. Patrick's Day parade. Introducing Ellen to Books of Wonder, our favorite book store in our hood. Thai food from Land Thai, and our new favorite sushi place, Haru.

The rest of the time it was at the children's museum, the library, playgrounds, grocery shopping, making wedding plans.

I am really glad I got to spend time with my sissy before she gets married. I can always relax when my Mom is here. They both loved spending time with the kids. The kids were so sad to see them go. 

Hanging out in Union Square. 




You have to get it with the homemade marshmallow. 







The only pic of the three of us from the trip. Mood Fabrics! We could have spent all day there. 










Making cookies with Grandma.


Found a movie set.


I am a broken record, but I am so grateful they are only a plane ride away. Now it is a short plane ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day