St. Patrick's Day

 It's our first St. Patrick's Day back in the States. There are some celebrations in Singapore. I did attend a dinner with the Irish ambassador to Singapore last year. It is not the same as celebrating it in NYC. I love this holiday because of the food, haha. I really do not do much as far as leprechauns and rainbows. I do make corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, with Irish soda bread every year. We do all wear green, and go to the St. Patrick's Day Parade on 5th Ave. Yay, for St. Patrick's Day!


 We had our first Easter egg hunt of the season with members of our church from all the Manhattan congregations. That was a lot of fun. The kids were so excited. Rapha kept running out to pick some eggs up before it was time to go. Of course, when the kids were told "go" there was a stampede. The Alexander Hamilton statue provided a nice ledge that a lot of eggs were sitting on. Cosette and Henry ran there first. Rapha was just cute grabbing eggs, and then running past eggs that were closer to him to ones that were further away.





Alexander Hamilton. My name is Alexander Hamilton. And there's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait, just you wait.....

Henry's Easter loot. 


 Then we went to the parade. We usually park ourselves at the very end of it. It is not the most exciting parade in the world, but it fun to see all the different Irish groups from around the city that represent the different Irish counties and organizations. The best part was, standing next to the gate that let the horses go through. Cosette said the cutest thing while we were watching "I spy with my little eye the Irish flag". The way she said I spy with my little eye was sweet. C and H both say they loved seeing the horses and the horse poop carriers the best. Okay, kids.





The Irish pub around the corner had a sweet St. Patrick's Day mural painted on the windows, and our bakery across the street was selling traditional Irish soda bread with the currants and caraway seeds. There was no way we could miss that it was St. Patrick's Day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. It is on my bucket list to celebrate it in Ireland sometime in my life, and I cannot wait. 


Past years here and here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day