The Snowy Days


We had our fourth nor'easter of the year last week. It snowed and snowed and snowed. Nothing like a blizzard to say happy first day of spring. The kids had school off that day, and with it dumping snow the entire day we did not go out. I am a wimp when it comes to snow and being cold. However, the next day had a blue sky, the sun out, and snow still on the ground. 

That lead to me running. While running, I got the brilliant idea to take Rapha sledding! We bundeled up in our snow pants, boots, wool socks, all of which I bought on our drive from Tennessee at New Years. It was so cold, I vowed I would never be cold again (we still are sometimes). We are doing our best to stay warm. Rapha was not a fan of his snow pants. I put them on and he cried. Funny thing is my friend was late meeting us, because her kid also cried when he had to put on his snow pants. I finally opened up our sled that has been sitting in a brown box, on top of our coat rack. I did not want to open it up and the kids to see it, until I was ready to take them sledding. 

We went sledding at Riverside Park and met up some friends. Rapha and I went together the first time. It was a lot faster than I anticipated, but awesome! Rapha liked it, but said it was scary. We took breaks in between rides. I went down a few times with out him. Of course, I hurt my bum the first time doing that. 

Other than playing with our friends our favorite part was meeting a twelve week old puppy! It was so cute. Rapha was in heaven. I was in heaven. Everyone who was with us was in heaven. He held on the leash telling the puppy to go, or stop depending on what the puppy was doing. Squealing with joy when the puppy would lick him or jump. It was a high light of our sledding trip for sure. 

The only things that would have made the outing better would have been Cosette, Henry, and my favorite winter beverage, hot chocolate.  











I wish we could meet this little guy every day at the park to play. Put smiles on all our faces. 

Picture below are from the day of the storm. 




 When I started writing this post, I could not remember what we did on our snow day. Then, of course, looking through the photos it showed me what I did. My sweet friend was given tickets to see "Hello Dolly" on Broadway for the matinee performance. She could not used them, so offered to watch my kids for me while I go to the show. It was so kind, and I really needed something to lift my spirits up. The show was amazing. The cast was jam packed with incredible performers. The two that stood out to me was the star, Dolly, played by Bernadette Peters. The other that got me really excited, because I was not expecting him to be in it, was Santino Fontana (voice of Hans on Frozen) played another character. It was amazing even in the second to last row of back of the theater. 

I will forever remember my friend's act of kindness towards me. I really do not like snow, but snow provided circumstances that allowed me to be rejuvenated. I guess I will agree with Lorelai about snow being magical. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day