Ellen in Singapore: Little India


Continuing the Ellen's Singapore explorations Saga. This time Little India! It is one of my favorite places in Singapore. There is only one Little India outside India, and it is here. 

We stopped at the beautiful Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple. It is gorgeous, insanely ornate, and I absolutely love this place. You are allowed to go inside at certain times during the day when it is open. You have to take your shoes off and leave them outside. It is so interesting seeing how other people worship. I have so much respect for these people. And I feel very honored that we are allowed into their temples, or as I view it inner sanctums, and get a small glimpse of their religious practices. It is very different from our Protestant influenced practices.  





She has never had legitimate Indian food, so that being one of our favorite cuisines I had to introduce her to it. And there is no better place. Indian bread, all of it, is the best bread in the world. Azmi has the best fresh off the hot plate chapati bread. We ate with our hands, using the bread to scoop up the food, and our stomachs were in food paradise. I really love Indian food. 




Little India has a lot of hidden gems. We found this beautiful art display just off Serangoon Rd. as we walked to Mustafas. Had to stop by and check out the umbrellas. 

Tekka Center! I bought this exact sari for Ellen for Christmas. She found it there and had to get a pic with it.

In fabric heaven at Mustafas. I could stay here for hours and hours. Lyndon has his Legos and I have my fabric. It's an addiction. I have so many projects I am working on, and then I come here and I get so many ideas and see so much beautiful fabric. I seriously have to stop myself, or join a support group. 
Thanks Ellen for indulging me in good food, fabric browsing, and showing you some pretty awesome culture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day