School Time: Sports Day


School has been keeping us really busy, if you can't tell from reading this little blog. 

A couple of weeks ago we had Sports Day! The whole school participated in relay races against their age group. The classes would divide in to two teams and race against each other. The winner of the race would advance and compete against the others class's winning team.  

The teachers put a lot of emphasis that this event was for the children to learn good sportsmanship, not worry about winning, but focusing on having fun. Each relay was designed to work on the athletic skills that the class's age group should be able to do. They had them do some pretty complicated stuff. I know because I even had to do it. 

I participated in the parent's relay race. We lost horribly, haha. Walking on those stilt things is tricky business. Learned that the hard way. Cosette and Henry were excited to watch me race, actually I do not even know if they were watching. I do know that when they were asking for volunteers Cosette was looking at me and pointing for me to volunteer. The things we do for our kids. I at least hope that she remembers that we did sports day together. 

Both kid's relays advanced to the finals, and both did not win. I like said earlier, it was all about having fun. And they did! And still got suckers. Chupa chups for the win!










He kept jumping up and down, up and down. He was the first and last leg of their first relay race. 



Still jumping.




Cosette's teacher demonstrating the directions for the relay. 


The cutest little smile.
Here I go! The problem was that I needed to take my shoes off before the race. Live and learn. Rematch anyone?








This kids, haha. Love him!
















Henry's teacher demonstrating how to do the race. 






Sports day success! I love this picture of Henry. His smile captures the spirit of the day. And he was so happy to get his London Roll. Grateful for everything they are learning. It will serve them well through out their life. 

Last year's sports day post here
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day