The Museum aka The Louvre



The Museum is what Cosette calls The Louvre. We are so lucky to live right across the Seine from it. It is probably a 10-15 minute walk there from our flat. We are Louvre members! Our friend let us in on a little known secret that getting a year long Louvre membership is a better bargain than going a couple of times and paying for entry. We have been multiple times a week since we got our passes and we are loving it. 

Cosette is too. We found the Louvre's tactile room that has replica of different art pieces in the museum that you can touch. All the pieces are sculptures of children, babies, and cherubs. They make perfect subjects to interest little ones. Cosette calls it the baby room. That is where we have spent most of our time when we go. Cosette knows exactly how to get there. She and Lyndon found it together while they were out one time so I had not been. She showed me how to get there all by herself. She loves, loves, loves the baby room! We will pass by "The Museum" and she always asks to go see the babies.



Lyndon took this little clip of her playing in the baby room.



And if that little clip did not demonstrate how much she loves the babies maybe these photos will.

Even though most of our time is spent in the baby room we still have gotten to see parts of the Louvre. Lyndon down loaded an app that gives a variety of walking tours through the many galleries. It makes each visit more enriching to hear the commentary about the various art pieces. We are learning a lot. 



When we go we try to visit a different section of the museum. Maybe by the time we leave we will have seen everything. Probably not but we are making a dent in it. The Louvre is massive. We get lost just about every time, unless we are in the baby room. We know how to get there.

That ceiling!
 

Cosette kept running back and forth by this portrait while people took pictures of it. I think she photo bombs a lot on our visit here.
Saw the Mona Lisa on our first visit there. I asked Cosette if Mona Lisa was happy or sad. Cosette said "she is happy because she is smiling". There you go folks. The Mona Lisa is happy.

 

I had to take a picture of these beauties. I like the crown on the right. Usually I am not a pearls girl, but this crown is stunning!

 
There is a replica of the statue on the left in the Luxembourg Garden. We are looking forward to finding it there. Cosette sometimes asks to be carried in our ergo carrier. She is still my baby. I love my ergo because I can carrier for a little bit in it and it does not kill my back.

I will post more about our Louvre visit and what we have learned about the art. Hope you enjoy it! xoxo

Comments

  1. Amazingly Coco can keep up that level of interest in the Baby Room for two hours straight! I wish the Louvre had more tactile rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christine, such wonderful pictures, I have been loving your posts about all the different places you all have been able to go, keep them coming and enjoy every minute you are there, which I think you are already doing. I enjoyed seeing Cosette in the baby room, that is really neat to have for children! What a wonderful adventure!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day