ArtScience Museum

This past week was the kid's spring break. We have been hitting the pavement hard, doing big outings that have been harder to do since the school day starts at 1pm. On Friday I took them to the ArtScience Museum down at Marina Bay. A new exhibition, Future World, opened up recently. I have seen adds and posts about it on the MRT, social media, etc. It looked really cool, and with one paying adult you can get up to four kids in free on Fridays! Lyndon was able to meet us and walk with us over to the Museum, but then he had to head back to work (boo!). I was a little nervous about taking the three kids by myself to a museum, any mom I'm sure has the same hesitations, but the exhibit was all for kids. It was absolutely incredible! The kids had an amazing time and have been asking if we can go again. The answer is yes! Totally yes!

A little about the exhibit. As I said it is called Future World. It had four sections to explore: Nature, Town, Park, and Space. The museum's focus is on how art and science are connected. In Future World the exhibition is there to illustrate how world is created by the connections between art, science, technology, and culture. The exhibition is all interactive artwork for people of all ages, kids and adults alike. It was exceptionally well put together and I read that the exhibition will be added on to! It's really amazing. I was reading the pamphlet and it says that the teamLab (the founders of the exhibition) created this exhibition to be a constantly evolving environment which will be a different experience for the visitors and will grow and transform over time, which is just like how we experience the real world. Incredible!

Cosette's favorite part was playing in the balls and creating her own animated sea creatures. She colored a rainbow jelly fish with a heart on its face and a pink sea horse. You colored the picture then took it to a scanner and when the image was scanned it would appear on the projection as part of the art work. How amazing is that? Henry loved playing in the balls too, and going down the slide over and over again. He would not go down the slide without the worker pushing him down, and then he would not sit on his bottom and go down. He kept sliding down on his stomach, haha. The poor worker did not know what to do. I just sat at the bottom and smiled because he is two and I had a baby strapped to me. Henry, you have incredible energy little boy. Raphael really liked all the colors and kept looking at them all. I took him over to the ocean scene and put his little feet on the projection and he loved "walking" through the water. It was an incredible experience. The kids loved the Town and Park sections the best because that was where all really interactive things were. I really liked Space. It's called Crystal Universe and it is stunning! You walk along a narrow passage with strings of iridescent lights lit up all around you. The lights are dim and eventually go out land you really feel like you are in space! This part really made me appreciate the stars and gave me a desire to learn more about space. Lyndon will be so happy. He is obsessed with Elon Musk and his plan's for a colony on Mars. That is a whole other blog post.

It was really great outing. And I feel like a champion because I took three kids to a museum by myself, with the lights pretty much off in the exhibition, and I did not lose anyone! Can I get a woot, woot? I can finally agree with the Singaporeans who tell me "I am so capable". That is what a lot of passing people say to me when they see I have three kids.







Can you spot Cosette among the flowers?
He was pretty much running the whole time. 
We saw some great artist's life work in the Museum, and these three kids are my life's work. My Mom is always talking about how her kids are her life's work, As a mom now I totally understand what she means. It is the most selfless job out there, and one of the best. I loves these three kiddos with all my heart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day